Thursday 8 November 2012

Life Perplexions Chapter 2

In a world of complete and utter madness, one was asked where their life was leading; the answer turned out to be 'I have no idea'. Which further led to great confusion, distress and general 'what am I doing here' feelings. It's a strange thing to go about really, but to go from one thing to another, I'm in one thing now...college, but in under 2 years time that will be over, then what? The answer to that seems to be content on remaining a mystery until further notice - I could end up anywhere in the world; so please refrain from asking me this pointless question over and over again, because until next year at least, the answer will remain the same. And until the answer changes, I am just going with the flow, enjoying the unknown adventures that present themselves before me each day.

Now onto chapter 2 - it's November, the month of national writing...which means I am yet again attempting to complete the 50,000 word count on a story - I'm not too fussed if I don't finish it in time, of course it would be something I would take pride in if I do - but November also happens to be the month of 'everything is due in at college so we are giving you assignment as well just to make sure you are slaving away' and of course - much to my disappointment, college work must come first - yes I did just say that, and yes this is still Ally. But regardless of whether I manage to get 50,000 words in November or not - I will finish my book in the coming year :)

3 months have gone since I moved to the UK, and things on this side are pretty decent - my motorbike gets here this weekend, I have great flatmates, I enjoy work, and I still have brilliant friends and family scattered around this mad country.
What has begun to become rather clear to me, however, is that thing called friendship...there's always those friends, the ones you have known for years, shared so much together, thought you'd always b there for each other, but then when the time comes and you get separated, in less than 2 months that friendship is gone, the talking zones down to 0, and no matter how many times you try say hi, or the amount of messages you ask others to pass on to them - they have seemed to just disappear from your lives completely  - and the feelings is horrible, to know that the person or people you once were so close with, have just drifted away, moved on together and seemingly forgotten all about your existence - it leaves you feeling quite empty. But the one thing you have to remember is that even if they have gone, there is those others, the bonkers group that you never thought you would bee so close to, the ones you have known for the least time - spent the least time with, yet they are there, always talking, checking on you, giving you a call or a random message just saying hi - its those people that matter, because they are the friends that subconsciously had become your family - the friends that you never realise you have until the time draws near to leave them. Thy are the ones that you need to keep close, don't mourn over those that don't have time for you, instead rejoice in those goofballs that you can be yourself with, the ones that love you no matter what you've done...the ones that worry if they haven't heard from you in a while, the ones you worry about if you cant get hold of them. They are the family you never had and the friends you will always have; and as long as that's there, then you needn't worry about those that got lost along the way.

Now to all the people that are unfortunate enough to come across this page, I will bid thee farewell for now. I will be back soon when my inspiration for story writing is running low, no doubt. And the end of this week also brings about the end of chapter 2 - subsequently meaning a new chapter is soon due.

Over . . .
               and . . .
                            Out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment